Ash Wednesday

Hi! Today, I wanna talk about Ash Wednesday. 

Next week we are going to celebrate the Ash Wednesday, christian holy day. It’s a day of prayer and fasting. It falls on 46 days before Easter Sunday and it started the Lent.  

This day priest place ash on the believers forehead and say the words: "Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return." The ashes are just burnt palm leaves. The fast means that christian cannot eat meat that day.  



What this day stand for? 

It’s a special time to prepered yourself for Easter.  Placing ashes on the forehead is the symbol of proselityze. Jesus said: Believe in me wih all your heart. We have to realize that our lives elapse quickly, so its worth to stop on the minute and think about our lifes. Am I follow Jesus? What is more important to me  this life or eternal life? Am I humble?  

I encourage you to celebrate this day and answer above questions 😇


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Daniel Fast

A few words about me to start with ;)

What is Bible Journaling?